Beyond Annoyed

by Kay~Kacey on 2/1/2011

Ah, I am beyond annoyed at myself. You know my beautiful milk glass lamp?

antique milk glass lamp

The one I love and adore?

broken antique milk glass lamp

Yes, well what’s wrong with this picture? :frown: In the midst of moving furniture around in the Love Nest…I knocked the top of the antique lamp. It went crashing to the floor. After I screamed and cried and picked up the pieces…I went out on ebay to try to find a matching globe for the lamp. No luck so far. Also hit 2 antique malls. No luck. I’m heartbroken and totally annoyed that I’d be so clumsy. It is my absolute favorite milk glass piece that I own.  I need to go hide this lamp so it’s not such an in your face reminder…  :shakehead:

Kate February 1, 2011 at 8:00 am

:wtf:

annbb February 1, 2011 at 9:50 am

:( Any chance you (or there are shops that specialize in fixing broken glass) can glue it? That stinks!

annbb February 1, 2011 at 9:51 am

If you don’t find a shade, you could convert it into a shade lamp…not nearly as pretty, but it’d be a shame to not use the bottom.

Kacey February 1, 2011 at 10:12 am

I can find the hobnail milkglass lampshades that fit…so I might end up doing that. But I won’t be truly happy…

annbb February 1, 2011 at 10:19 am
Adam October 15, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I have that EXACT lamp, all intact. Looks like you originally were missing rhe glass tube inside the shade. Can you send me info on the lamp aand its value, please? Thank you!

Kacey October 16, 2011 at 8:51 am

Adam, not sure of the value of the lamp. Can’t remember what we paid for it? Not too much. Around $30? give or take.