The Only Thing Able to Move About in the Midwest

by Kay~Kacey on 2/2/2011

are the birds…

birds in ice storm

Sigh. So. Over. Winter.

Columbia is supposed to get like 20″ and St. Louis? Well, they can’t decide because we’re right on the dividing line of sleet/ice/snow. Highway 70 across the state is closed. Mizzou canceled classes for the second day in a row. Unheard of.

So. Over. Winter.

Really.

The. End.

Kristi February 2, 2011 at 9:24 am

Well it was -22 here this morning in Denver and we aren’t having snow days, we are having “cold days”. They are afraid kids will get hypothermia at the bus stops so they have been canceling school… I can’t remember ever being this cold!

Flea February 2, 2011 at 11:21 am

Beautiful photo, though. I’m enjoying the snow here in Tulsa. No one’s going anywhere. Still in my pj’s. Looking forward to burning a chess board for my brother today and finish sewing a cape for a friend. Snow days can be productive days. :)

annbb February 2, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Remy’s daycare/learning school/academy has been closed the last 2 days. They’ve been open 11 years and have only closed one other day!

We got all ice and no school. Then it got up to around 40ยบ, ice turned to rain and everything is melting…BUT…tonight temps are going to be in the teens and all will be a sheet of ice. :wtf:

Kristy February 2, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Aren’t they supposed to fly south?

Kate February 2, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Here in Maryland, it was just hovering above freezing, and schools were open at regular time. When I left for work, the trees on the top of the hill where I live were covered in ice. I couldn’t believe we were having school. But the ground was ok. As I got closer to school, the ice began to melt. Then the rain.

Actually, I’d have preferred snow.

Donna @ dh-designs February 2, 2011 at 8:46 pm

We have had low temperatures here in Canada’s capital for the last two days and today the snow hit. Good day for hibernation!

That is an amazing photo! It almost looks like a painting. The colours are amazing. Great job!