Boys will be Boys-The Roller Hockey Version

by Kay~Kacey on 3/23/2011

So, for some unknown reason I lost my mind decided it was a good idea to go see my oldest two sons play roller hockey. Now, I haven’t gone to one of their games in a long time beacause 1) they are too rough.  2) they are usually late at night. 3) they are too rough. 4) they are too rough.

roller hockey game

Okay, I brought my camera, of course. That part was fun.

roller hockey action shotI did get some great action shots.

penalty boxOh, and yes, they did both end up in the penalty box at one point or another.

roller hockey penalty box

See?? Now, as a fairly intelligent mother, why did I not invent the penalty box when the boys were here at home? How cool would that have been? “Okay, you’re in the penalty box for 2 minutes – oh! or 2 hours!!.” Yep, I should have thought of penalty boxes when they were growing up. Don’t argue. In. the. box.

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes. Roller hockey. I really don’t enjoy it much as they get older. It’s just so…rough.

roller hockey injury See??? Here is my almost son, Gabe. Taken down by a bad, bad boy.

As an aside, he’s my almost son, ’cause I’ve known him forever. Love him. And if you look at his cell phone I’m listed on it as Mom2. :heart:

roller hockey bench

Here they are on the bench. Where I love for them to be. It’s safe there, you know?? :love2:

As an aside, I did tell them after the game…don’t worry about the silly score on the game…worry about making sure you’re headed towards your momma and her camera any time you have the puck. THAT is what is important!!

As I left after the game, I called back to the three of them. “You’re my favorite.” All three of them answered, “I know.” :heart: :heart: :heart:

Becky March 23, 2011 at 7:38 am

I can so relate to this post.
My youngest is just getting into sports. This year he was on the wrestling team. Next year, wrestling and maybe football.
It’s so hard watching those kids get distorted into all kinds of positions.
And let’s not even talk about football.***sigh***

Becky March 23, 2011 at 7:38 am

I can so relate to this post.
It’s so hard watching those kids get distorted into all kinds of positions.
And let’s not even talk about football.***sigh***

Becky March 23, 2011 at 7:38 am

I can so relate to this post.
It’s so hard watching those kids get distorted into all kinds of positions.
And let’s not even talk about football.***sigh***

Becky March 23, 2011 at 7:40 am

Oops, 8O
I clicked submit a couple of times too many.
Please delete them.
Sorry!!!

annbb March 23, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Loved their group answer to you! :heart:

Nannette Turner March 24, 2011 at 9:22 am

Ha! I had three boys and I always whispered in each of their ears, “You are my favorite and don’t tell your brothers.” Soon they share the secret with each other realizing I had told each of them the same thing. :heart:

Kate March 24, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I can so relate to this post.
Sorry. Just wanted you to think it was Becky again ~
The truth is that I can relate to it. I always told my boys that each one of them was my favorite. They figured it out when they were older, of course.

Tammie March 29, 2011 at 2:49 pm

When my daughter was in college she decided to play broom hockey. The first or second game someone knocked her feet out from under her and she landed on the ice on both arms. Broke both arms. Ended her hockey career. Spent the rest of the semester with both arms in casts.

This was my daughter. I don’t know what I’d have done if I’d been given sons to raise.