Long Live the Lilac

by Kay~Kacey on 3/26/2012

Oh. My. Gosh!! GREAT news!!! You know my lilac bush that hasn’t bloomed in like 12 years??? Guess what???

lilac bloom

It bloomed this year for the first time ever!!!!

lilac blooms

Isn’t it just gorgeous? I’m so in love with the lilac bush! I wandered around it taking photos from every angle!!!

lilac in the spring sunlight

The poor bush suffered from a tree chopping down incident in its youth… :mad2: Yes, I was not amused. We moved it…well, what was left of it after the tree fell on it…but it never bloomed.

first lilac bloom

2011 lilac waiting game
2010 wondering if the lilac bush will bloom–right next to SuperGuy’s 67 cent lilac bush that bloomed–which, btw, has NOT bloomed this year…
2009 will it bloom??

Ah, finally a happy ending for the lilac bush saga!! Long live the lilac bush!

annbb March 26, 2012 at 7:49 am

Congratulations!
If you’re in Columbia in the next few weeks, stop by mom and dad’s house. They have a lilac hedge with at least 12 different kinds of lilacs. The beauty of it is overwhelming…

Kacey March 26, 2012 at 8:07 am

Annie! I saw all their lilacs last year! So very gorgeous! I’d love a big lilac hedge like that!

superguy March 26, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Lilac hedge would be beautiful (if it blooms;))

Becky March 31, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Beautiful pictures, Kasey!
Someday I’ll have one here on the farm, also. Love them!

Kate March 31, 2012 at 9:25 pm

OMG. Just saw this post, Kacey. Cannot believe it’s blooming. Happy days are here again!!

Wendy April 18, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I’m just so happy to see you’ve posted again. Welcome back!