Kitchen Inspiration Piece

by Kay~Kacey on 8/13/2012

Ah, yes. It was time to pick a kitchen inspiration piece for my new kitchen. So, since my red kitchenaid mixer is my inspiration piece in St. Louis…I thought it was only fitting to use a kitchenaid mixer for my inspiration piece at our new home too.

ice blue kitchenaid mixer

Ta da! My ice blue Kitchenaid stand mixer. Don’t you love it??

kitchenaid stand mixer aqua

It varies a bit more green, or a bit more blue depending on the light. So, of course, I’m going to use shades of teal for my accent color in my kitchen. The cabinets are white and the counter is black. This is going to pop so nicely against the black countertop!

teal plates

I already have a lot of teal dishes. I love teal.

teal food photography props

I can’t wait to get more teal/aqua/turquoise dishes and towels and accent pieces for the great room that is right off the kitchen. What fun!

Oh…and I’m not totally sure on this…but I think we’re going to paint my office…which is right off the great room through glass french doors…a deep, dark shade of teal. SuperGuy swears if it’s too much he’ll repaint or put up beadboard partway up the walls in my office if the teal is too intense.

I’ll share paint colors soon and you can either agree with SuperGuy, or shoot him down…

Kate August 13, 2012 at 7:24 am

:heart: Love it!

Kate August 13, 2012 at 5:41 pm

That mixer is gorgeous! :wine:

She said as she sipped wine vicariously through the emoticon. Yum.

Arrel Tidwell June 28, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Hello there,
I surfed into your website, while comparing the Aqua Sky & Ice Kitchen Aid mixer colors.

For the past year, I have been slowly purchasing the various kitchen accessories in the Martha Stewart Collection, at Macy’s or wherever I might find them. They also have that beautiful turquoise/aqua color, that you and I both seem to adore.

Needless to say, I haven’t been able to compare the colors “in person”.

As viewed on my iPad, your dishes appear be very similar to the color of dishes that I purchased.

I just had to ask if you knew the answer to my dilemma. Do you know if the Aqua Sky mixer, is in the same hue/tone as the Martha Stewart aqua?

I would greatly appreciate your reply. Thanks!

Kacey June 28, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I’m not sure if it’s the same exact color or not! Haven’t really looked at the Martha Stewart Collection, sorry.

Arrel Tidwell June 28, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Thanks for your repsponse!

Between my comment I left and your response, I have spent an enjoyable time reading your blog & seeing your photography. I have many hobbies, but photography is one of them. I am particularly attracted to clouds. I guess you could say that I am addicted to clouds!

I have bookmarked your blog, as I really enjoy your sense of humor & reading about your adventures in Missouri.

Warmly, from the heart of Alabama

Whistlingdixiee February 3, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Hi! I have the same mixer in the same color and am now remodeling my kitchen around this same color! LOL Can you tell me what paint you found to match the mixer? I would really appreciate it! Thanks