Cutting Edge Mom

by Kay~Kacey on 4/7/2005

in the strange department Smuckers is trying to patent the PBJ sandwich with crusts cut off and the edges crimped. :useyourhead: Uh, huh. Really. Now, not to dissuade them or anything… but I did that for years with my boys. Even had a handy little cut crust and crimp edges gadget from some silly kitchen gadget party I went to. If only I had known…I could have patented the idea and made a fortune. Who knew I was so cutting edge?? ..so to speak :wink:

And look…new cool smilies!!

LauraP April 7, 2005 at 8:30 am

Corporate greed. I could see them patenting the specific mechanical process they use, but the whole shebang? What’s next? Poached eggs?

Vicki April 7, 2005 at 8:57 am

The folks at Smuckers are insane. (We need a smilie for that!)

LOVE the new smilies!!!!!

kacey April 7, 2005 at 9:39 am

I know, isn’t it weird? I so should have patented it while I had the chance. :wink:

Vicki, you think we need a new smilie for everything! I did look for a no crazymaker smilie yesterday though. Couldn’t find one . . .

Amy K April 7, 2005 at 3:32 pm

Did you take pictures of your sandwiches? Maybe you could get a cut from Smuckers. :) (Are my kids the only ones who won’t touch PB&J?)

Michelle April 7, 2005 at 5:47 pm

OMG, I love this one. :biteme: They are so cool. :) :beer:

My son learned to eat sandwiches without crusts. Whoever taught him that trick should be smacked. :mad2:

Katie April 8, 2005 at 5:23 am

One of the mom’s brought those to preschool the other day – half the kids scarfed them down and the other half went “ewwwww! what’s that thing??” :rofl:

Larissa April 10, 2005 at 11:32 am

My son LOVES those things. They have a grilled cheese sandwich one now, too. He eats sandwiches with crusts (on wheat bread) at school, but for special treats I get him the Smuckers ones. (I think they’re nasty! LOL)

trish April 11, 2005 at 9:34 am

I have one of those little cut and crimp thingies too. I used to use it all the time on the kids lunch, be it PB&J, plain PB, or ham and cheese. These days I just buy crustless bread. One less thing to have to wash. :rofl: